A downloadable game for Windows
You're an old man trying to take a dump in public toilets. What could go wrong?
Better experienced with headphones.
Warning, watching the trailer may spoil you 40% of the experience (yes, it's short!).
Fragment 3 is a short interactive narrative in virtual reality with a surprise ending. It's a seated experience.
- Be an old man and experience the struggles of difficult bowel movements.
- Exclusive short narrative. Yes, stuff is happening.
- Procedural sfx track yeay! You never know when you will hear your neighbors fart or flush the toilets, in various ways!
- Almost professional (wait what?) voice over, no french accent at all, I promise.
- Covid free public toilets. This is our killer feature.
- There is at least one interaction, so yes, I can call it interactive narrative. Yes I can!
- Binaural audio (except for your own voice)
- English Subtitles
- Not at all oversold feature list.
Expected play time: < 5 minutes.
Content warning: contains profanities.
It's the third of multiple fragments exploring simple and short concepts in virtual reality.
My goal is to be able to release game-jam-like (maximum 2-3 days of development) short experiments in the following weeks (this one maybe the last thought). Fragment 3 took around 2 days to make.
I hope you will enjoy it!
3D Models / Textures:
Toilet seat by 3D COR https://www.turbosquid.com/fr/3d-models/free-obj-mode-toilet/816934
"Low-poly blunderbuss" (https://skfb.ly/6YxGB) by Luka92 is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Necro's Utility Material Pack : https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/necro-s-utility-material-...
Universal Sound FX 1.4, sometimes remixed
Fiesta de la Vida - Aaron Kenny
|Genre||Interactive Fiction, Adventure|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||Comedy, Experimental, First-Person, Funny, Narrative, Short, Story Rich, Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Oculus Quest, Windows Mixed Reality, Valve Index|
If using an Oculus Quest over Virtual Desktop, use the SteamVR version.
For the Quest version, unzip, and then use Sidequest to install the .apk and the .obb (you just have to install both, as you would install two apks except Sidequest will know it has to "link" them).
Warning: it has not been tested on Quest 1, I don't know what the performances will be (would be cool to have feedback if you managed to run it on Quest 1!). It's running perfectly fine on Quest 2 though.
If on Quest, please use headphones! Ambient sound level is too low on Quest I don't know why.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.